Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010


Okay, so I am now an official blogger. Well, what does that mean to me. Food, family and culture are very important to me. Moreover, Cuban food, culture, and my family. Our Cuban culture needs to be preserved, shared and ultimately, needs to go through an evolutionary process (notice, I didn't say revolution). Cuban culture has seriously eroded thanks, no doubt, to the revolution that separated thousands from home, family, patrimony and a sense of self. I hope to bridge the differences between those Cuban exiles outside of Cuba, and those Cubans within Cuba. Although we are alike in many ways, we are separated by geography and ideology. Food will serve as a common ground for all of us minimize our differences. I hope to share favorite recipes from family, friends and fellow readers. In the end, I hope the readers will appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears that my people have endured and what it means to be Cuban today. There is more than meets the eye, nose, and taste buds when enjoying a lovingly prepared Cuban repast. Come and share our experiences, our history, our heart and our soul.

2 comments: